We had a super fun women’s event at church that included some exercise and two awesome ladies sharing a message. Yummy food, exercise, worship, and time with friends turned into a sweet time. Plus, the ladies did so well sharing! I love seeing people shine and talk about things they are passionate about!
One of the ladies talked again about how gratitude changes our brains! I love hearing about the plasticity of our brains and how we can literally change them for good. Instead of getting stuck in hurts, negative thinking, worry, and so much more we can make steps toward other ways of thinking that make new neuron pathways. Now, I’m not an expert and I’m speaking from a small bit but I do love how the research continually shows positive results in both secular and not studies. Anyway, I thought I’d take a few moments to write out some of the things I’m grateful for lately! What’s on your list?
- My husband! I could go on and on but I’ll leave it here today.
- All my kiddos! I’m so thankful for each of my pregnancies and all the time I’ve gotten with my kids. They’re such a gift!
- A fenced in backyard
- Our recently installed dishwasher
- I’m still feeling so thankful to have gotten the chance to go back to South Africa
- My pastors–they are full of wisdom, perseverance, and love–and so much more.
- Walking with friends
- Being able to go on runs! Even if my pace is slower in this season
- Parks and lots of park
Gratitude breeds gratitude and I could keep going on my list but for now I’m going to go enjoy my little family.