Stopping by to check in with some favorites on this hot day! Summer seems extra hot this year. I love getting outside but I do love some shorts and long sleeve type weather. My parents are moving so we had pizza with them last night and today has been full of projects. We went to prayer this morning (always a good choice) and the word that came up for a few people at the end was clarity. My heart leapt at hearing it said and agreed that I want clarity from the Lord. Clear vision, easy to see or hear, quality of being clear, sharp, crispness. So much packed into a little word.
Anyway, onto some favorites/things that made me smile lately.
1. Rearranging the upstairs bedrooms! Asher (unprompted from us) moved himself down to the bedroom in the basement. The room mostly has been used as storage/guest room. The bed is a full so there’s not much room for other things but he’s added a few. I thought for sure he’d move back up but he’s still basement strong after a few weeks. Melea also started climbing out of her bed so we bit the bullet and transitioned her to Asher’s floor bed. She’s doing great! All this moving rooms caused a bit of disorganization so I spent Friday rearranging and moving things around the rooms. I love the feeling of an accomplished project!
2. Piggy backing on the rearranging, I found my absolute favorite duvet cover for a twin and promptly put it on Melea’s bed. She exclaimed, “Wow!” and jumped into bed. I love her little personality!
This last picture is now a spot for toys. We will see what happens when baby comes about where we want everyone (baby will likely sleep in with us quite a while–close and convenient has always been great).
3. Making popsicles! I love summertime treats and homemade is the best. We made some with mango, banana, and strawberries that were delicious! We had too much for the popsicle molds so we ate smoothies with leftover straws from Asher’s birthday.
4. Wallpaper that tears off easily! I’ve been slowly….slowly….slowly working on the wallpaper in our bedroom and when I hit a wall today, I tried the border and it popped right off! So thankful! Back to the tedious, faith building removal down below. Someday (soon I hope!) all the wallpaper will be gone in this house! Maybe then we will paint.
5. Quality time. We have been staying up way too late recently but I am loving all the quality time we’ve gotten to talk at night and on walks recently. While I wish more clarity (there’s that word again) sometimes would come from talking, I am grateful for the process and am praying for clarity.
Okay. Off to check on Asher’s “surprise” and see how it’s coming along. Last I heard the ladder was next! Any faves to share??