This whole week has felt like Friday and now it’s really here! I thought I’d pop in with a few faves from lately.
1. August goals! I love a new month and the chance to set some new goals while reevaluating continuing other ones. July was a great month for reading books (I read 3! My goal is 2 a month in this season of life). We also had a blast celebrating Asher’s birthday and going on lots of walks. I set a goal to workout 15+ times and surpassed it. We also did a handful of fun things like celebrating national ice cream day, berry picking, swimming, and out with friends. August has some practical goals like getting rid of weeds and wallpaper mixed in with more fun ones like re-celebrating Father’s Day (Ryan was sick on Father’s Day so we are doing a redo) and doing some intentional vision exploring.
2. We worked hard to finish Asher’s birthday present! What started as a sandbox turned into a full fledged “playground” with a swing and slide. The kids are loving it!
3. Baby #4! We got to see baby again on an ultrasound for a growth check and are so thankful that all looks well. This baby has kept us on our knees and I’m so thankful for every day. Though, I still need name ideas!!
4. Personality differences. I recently read Anne Bogel’s Reading People and love learning more about personality frameworks. I love seeing all the ways God makes us unique. Plus, I love seeing how differences help us grow. Melea has been big into paint lately and so Asher has explored more in that area too even though he tends to steer toward other activities.
5. Praying together and taking steps toward future vision. I’m so thankful for my husband (even though he’s not perfect!) and for how he wants to make prayer together a priority. I’m thankful that even though it’d be easy to stay “comfortable” that he wants us both to keep seeking God’s vision for us and to keep growing together. I’m trusting and excited to see what God will do.
Back to enjoying this Friday! Hope yours is great! Any faves?