This last week of Ministry is Relationships we explored God-Powered Relationship Skills.
1. Spiritual Growth
(The list is supposed to be a slanted arrow moving from the bottom left to the top right…as if each builds on each other..I can’t get it to format right so work with me 🙂 )
- Leadership is influence
- Influence comes from credible relationships
- Credible relationships come from a heart connection (Love)
- Heart connection comes from listening
- Listening comes from genuinely caring about people
- Genuine concern for people comes from a growing relationship with God
- A growing relationship with God
How healthy is your current relationship with God?
2. Love Languages
- Time and attention
- Bible verses to demonstrate this love language: John 3:22, Luke 18:15-17, John 4:1-42, Matthew 15:1-20
- Touch (appropriate)
- Matthew 19:13-15, John 11:17-37, Mark 10:13-16, Hebrews 3:13
- Tell (words)
- Proverbs 18:21, 25:11, Ephesians 4:29, Romans 1:11-12
- To do (acts of service)
- Luke 22:24-27, John 12:26, Galatians 5:13, Romans 12:1-8
- Treasure (giving gifts)
- Ps.24:1, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Matthew 19:27-29, 2 Corinthains 9:10-15, 9:7, Ephesians 6:7
Questions for Reflection
1. Which is the primary love language that you express to others?
2. Which love language does your closest friend primarily speak? Write one specific way that you can love this person using this love language.
3. Think of someone who is currently driving you nuts. What is his or her primary love language? Write one specific way that you can love this person using this love language.