I haven’t been able to capture his full on smile yet on camera, but these little smiles have been pretty fun to see. I am so thankful that he’s a happy little man and already seems to like to smile. His favorite places to smile are on the changing pad after getting a new diaper on, in his rock n play, and apparently Target sometimes makes him smile too! He also had me smiling (after I made sure he was alive and well) early this morning when I woke up and realized that he had slept 6ish hours straight! That was a very pleasant surprise! Now to coax some more smiles out of him… 🙂
rock n play
We made it to Friday! A full week with the husband back at work. I’ve been having fun getting to know our little man more each day and he sure makes us smile and laugh a lot! Plus, he’s already 3 weeks old today! That is way close to being a month old and so far I totally get how things are in a “blur” for the first bit of having a newborn. Mostly, though, I’m loving this stage! Here are some of the things we’re loving…
Things I’m Loving:
1. Tummy time with the little man. He’s pretty good at cuddling.
2. Lots of walks.
3. Tacos! Pretty sure I’ve eaten tacos for lunch for the last three days.
4. Reading with the husband. We have continued our habit of reading a book together before bed and it’s one of my favorite times of connecting. And let’s just say any time spent with him is pretty much my favorite.
5. Sitz baths and showers. My midwife and my nurses were big on telling me to soak/take a sitz bath in order to help things heal. I totally jumped on board and have continued to take time to be alone and enjoy hot water! I like to think they’ve helped me heal up fast too 🙂
Things Asher is Loving:
1. Falling asleep during tummy time. This is one of his favorite places to fall asleep.
2. Eating. eating. and more eating.
3. Being in his car seat for walks or car rides.
4. Kicking his legs like crazy and getting his arms out of his swaddles.
5. Being rocked in his rock n play.
Things Our Family is Loving:
1. Walks with the four of us!
2. Time together in the evenings and mornings.
3. Ice cream! Well…Asher hasn’t tried it yet, but I’m guessing he might like it someday. 🙂
5. Reading books.