Saturday is here! Normally, I leave the weekend free of blogging because it’s the weekend! But, I thought I would make an exception because I have some fun pictures to share. Not to mention, letting you all know that I got to put a little big check on my 2010 list. Actually, I’ve had this on my “to do” list for quite a while and even pony-ed up during debriefing from my internship last year by letting all my interns know that I planned on completing one before doing a few other things. So, what did I do!? I completed a triathlon! In lieu of competing in one and spending a ridiculous amount of money (some were like $90), I decided to save my money and make my own course. Here’s a little proof.
This would be my nervousexcited face with a “Am I really doing this?”
my attempt at getting a picture of my super cute swimsuit. took me forever to find one but I love it and i LOVE wearing swim shorts. if you had told me 5 years ago that i would think a bikini was immodest to wear…i would have laughed and said it’s just fine–not anymore! hello, change!
my little transition station. complete with my beautiful bike and bike shoes (i LOVE being clipped in). plus, i’ve got my bag full of stuff (towel, bike shorts, running shorts, camera, cell phone, running shoes, bike helmet, bike gloves, ipod).
why, yes, that is a creepy fake swan that gets to swim with me today…at least he keeps away the geese.
now this. this is beautiful. i seriously love lakes in the summertime. water like glass that is perfect for water skiing or wakeboarding on or well…swimming for 20 minutes. did i mention that i didn’t train for this part of the triathlon? at least i did a bit of swimming at camp. but yeah…..definitely should have! probably should have trained in general…
this would be my smile that means i’m so incredibly thankful that the swim part is finally done! I am so not a swimmer compared to biking and running. love it, but it wore me out!
and this here. is my I’m so tired, but I’m done look!!!!
Swim: 20 min.
Bike: 53 min. (12.4 miles or 20k)
Run: 27 min. (3.1 miles or 5k)
What did I learn?
- God provides cute little things to keep me going–like watching a bird swoop down to eat a fish while I’m swimming…at least it was a little bird.
- Swimming is hard. really hard. refreshing, but the time sure goes slow.
- I love creating new paths and ways to go with God–I biked a totally new trail.
- My legs felt so weird when I started running. I’m pretty sure that little 5k felt longer than the 20k I did before, but I finished while running in the woods which made my heart happy.
- Tweeting while doing things helps provide little goals and encouragement.
- When I’m focused on God and doing things with God, quitting or walking or slowing down may fleeting cross my mind, but leaves quickly.
- Gotta love the…what’s next/now what? that comes after completing a goal. Yeah, I’m achiever at heart.
- My body may be tired, but my heart is happy.