John 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
This is the verse I’m mulling over in my head this week. I pull it out at the gym while on the bike. I use it as a book marker for The Poisonwood Bible (I’m finally reading it!). I ponder it in between car rides when I’m not jamming out to some tunes (“More Like Falling in Love” by Jason Gray). I’m letting it sink in and settle it’s way down.
But, now I’m asking you, friend, what do you think of the verse? What’s God telling you through it and what insights have you gained from it? Practical, tangible, vague, undeveloped, hearty, any of the above or any other. Or on the flip side, are you memorizing any verses now? What about those? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you.
So, I got tagged on facebook, but I’m more of a “blogger” than a “write notes on facebook” so I’m going to cheat and do this on here. Let’s see where this takes us…
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a note with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
- I will only buy something if it fits the ever changing definition of “happy.” For example, I found the most amazing shoes at Ron Jon Surf Shop and let me tell you they were the epitome of happy. Comfy, leather, green and white flowers.
- I will have 4 bookshelves in my room at home when I leave for South Africa.
- I trust easily. I will give people the full benefit of the doubt whenever possible. Yet, I struggle with trusting God in many things.
- I will show you every possible angle and not let you generalize about things. This may drive you nuts…
- I gave up drinking pop/soda. I last drank pop probably in fall 2007. The only kinds I crave are Orange Soda and Root Beer–in the form of Root Beer floats. Occasionally others, but not as much as those two.
- White chocolate is my downfall. I love it. I could eat it all the time. Lindt White chocolate truffles especially.
- I get attached to things and am bit possessive. For example, I’m in love with my bike and am already sad to be leaving it. I also get attached to books and get all sentimental and can’t bear to think of giving them away.
- I could walk on the beach for hours and hours, miles and miles, and not get bored.
- I am a pen clicker. Give me a click-y pen and I will click.
- I made a goal to take/pick a picture a day for this next year. In the end, I want to make a sweet collage. So far, so good.
- I prefer small silverware. Small spoons, forks, knives. Especially at Coldstone when you can use the “sample” spoon.
- Toast with peanut butter and honey is one of my favorite snacks.
- I love cake. Better than sex cake, strawberry cake, white cake, funfetti cake, everything. Though, I’m not a huge fan of chocolate frosting.
- I like to play songs on repeat. “Turn it Up” by Aaron lines has 237 plays on iTunes, which is not counting all the other plays on CDs and my iPod.
- I used to collect quotes. All sorts. I would post them all over my room. I did the same with fortunes from fortune cookies.
- I leave for South Africa “next” week.
Yikes, do I really have to pick 16 people? Nah, 16 is way too many people to tag in a blog. Facebook, sure. Here, nope. But, I will say thank-you, Sarah for tagging me on facebook! Hope you enjoy my random list and I hope you’re doing well across the ocean!
A year ago:
- I started blogging.
- I graduated.
- I did not have a job yet.
- I was living with Carrie and Keely (and Abby the dog)
- Liz and I took pictures after graduation
A few things from this past year:
I could go on, but you get the idea. What a year! I definitely cannot say that I would have ever guessed that I would be where I am today a year ago!
Happy Things in Life/Things to Be Thankful for (not a comprehensive list):
- I got into Seminary
- I have enough money to go to Seminary
- I have a job
- My pretty bike
- Being able to run
- Playing cards and games
- Curly/wavy hair so I don’t have to spend lots of time making it look decent
- More books than I can read at the moment
- My puppy that still greets me at the door and will sit outside on the deck with me and eat my gum and whatever else I give him
I had no plans for tonight. If anything, I thought I would have a quiet night. Instead, I ended up packing up my bike, staying on hold FOREVER for Comcast, meeting some nice bike shop people, going to Target for a few things, running into my brother at Target, going to get a router and chatting with Amy’s roommates, dropping off my jacket for Amy, checking out the Coffeehouse, running into Britt who brought me to Tiffany, staying at the Coffeehouse to listen to Titus (*sigh*), texting Dohlen, chatting with Dohlen, saying good-night, chatting with Titus, buying his cd, and driving home happy. Who knew!? Right when I’m expecting a simple, quiet night, I get thrown all these opportunities and “circumstances” to chat with other people. I also was humbled and treated graciously by the bike people–yay for nice bike people that didn’t charge me! I’m going there again! Plus, there was a cute boy 😉 I loved all of the other conversations I had tonight as well. I really enjoy asking lots of questions and hearing what’s been happening so the night of catch-up was great! In other news, tomorrow, I get internet finally! I also get to eat lunch out for free. Sounds like a good day. Maybe I’ll update with some “deeper” thoughts than a running list of events that I said I would keep away from in my “About Me” page. Such is life. Maybe I’ll update that…
p.s. he got cute again!
I’m obsessed with white chocolate and chocolate covered things! Therefore, I decided I’d go the healthy/unhealthy combo of fruit and chocolate for the Core Team tonight 🙂 Ha, I actually took a picture for one of my friends back home so I’ll post that later once I get it uploaded. In other news, the weather is gorgeous!! I’m SUPER excited to go camping this weekend and get away. Plus, before that I get to have dinner with my mama and brother and then hopefully go sign a lease. I already started giving the relatives a list of garage sale items to be on the lookout. The list includes: a grill, dining room table and chairs, deck furniture, a bike and a few other items. We’ll see what happens! Well, I better go shower so I don’t smell (I went running today…happy day!) at Core Team tonight.