Trust in Him at all times, o people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. – Psalm 62:8
I love that throughout scripture I see examples of God hearing and answering His people. He longs for them to cry out to Him and to come to Him. He asks them to cast their cares on Him. He binds up their broken hearts. He knows their sitting and their rising. He does not act like an indifferent bystander. He’s working for us and for our good. So, today, in light of writing that, I’m going to share some of the things that are tucked into my heart and just plain make me happy (besides, Fridays are for happy things!).
- That husband of mine who does life with me. He is such a gift. Such a rock and such an encouragement. The road has been rocky and full of adversity, but I’m grateful that I chose him and am still choosing him…and grateful that he chooses me still.
- Baby oh baby. Mr. Asher is pretty much the happiest baby and my goodness I am so blessed and privileged to be able to be his mom.
- My Lindo. He’s the one I miss and the one who taught me to love little boys so much. I’m so glad I got to know him and for all the ways he cracked open my heart. He taught me much and he is part of one of my absolute favorite God stories.
- My Africa. My heart still beats for this place and for this country. This is such a both and of happy and the heart wrenching grief of not being there. This is where I pour out my heart waiting for God to weave this piece back into my life in a bigger way.
- That crazy Boaz. He pushed me out of my comfort zone and led me on a path toward more joy, laughter, and lots more snuggling than I could have guessed when I brought him home.
- Church. I couldn’t have guessed all the ways being on staff at my church would challenge, encourage, change, and ground me. There’s so much goodness in being planted in a local church.
- Community/Friends/People. The world is so full of so many good, good people and I am so glad I’ve gotten to know and do life with a lot of them!
I think (maybe?) sometimes part of knowing you are the beloved of God is remembering, taking note, and being grateful for the things He has put in your life. He is good to us.
What has He put in your life that makes you happy?