The first day of October started off full of fog here but ended up being a gorgeous, sunny day! I love new months and fresh starts.
In years past, I’ve done the fun “Write 31 Days” challenge and have chosen all sorts of themes. I don’t have a theme picked out nor have I spent enough time thinking about it but I do like the idea of being more intentional about writing here so all I’m committing to is seeing what unfolds.
For today, I’m going to recap some things I learned in September since I always find those posts interesting when others do them. I’d link up but I always forget who posts them…and I don’t have time to look it up! So if you know, let me know in the comments so I can give credit. Or share something you’ve learned!
Things I’ve Learned in September!
- Schedule in some white space on the calendar. We didn’t do this intentionally at the beginning of the month and this ended up being a full month. I need a few more scheduled “rest” days!
- Asher and I both love getting out of the house! I enjoy a day or two at home but more often than not I feel better at the end of the day when we’ve gone to do something. Since Storytime at the library didn’t start up until later in the month, we made a habit of going to pick out library books one day a week. Little things like that are so key for us both to have a good day!
- Short flights are awesome! Flying to DC for my brother’s wedding felt like a breeze with Asher. He made it especially easy by sleeping all but 15-20 min of each flight. Definitely a different experience than flying to Africa. Although, I’d be up for flying there soon again too!
- Colder weather is coming no matter how much I try to hold onto summer…
- Don’t use outdated shortening. It’s just bad.