Since I sometimes jump on the bandwagon of “Things I’m Loving” on Fridays, I thought it’d be fun to make it fit with this month’s theme.
5 Places I Love Showing Up
1. Home–I love love love coming home. I love when my little man greets me with a big smile and all sorts of his crazy jumping up and down. Boaz goes crazy (though, let’s be honest, he loves when anyone comes to the house). The husband’s there ready with a hug. My bed is ready for me to crawl into and get cozy. Home is pretty much one of the best places ever.
2. Dirt roads–running and walking on dirt roads have been my favorite. I love showing up there with my shoes on and my phone ready to play music or a podcast. Showing up to pray and talk to God. Showing up to take care of my body and push myself to keep running or to listen and slow down to walk
3. A good book–I love setting aside time to read a good book. Clearly, I’ve been trying to pass on my love for reading to Asher…
4. My journal–I have almost a full shelf of old journals now. I was given one by someone because they said that good writers often have a journal. So I started and now I’ve got a lot of them! They have a mixture of sermon notes, prayers, scripture verses, pictures, and all sorts of random parts about life. I show up in my rawest form with some intense emotions and write it all out. I couldn’t find a picture of my journal offhand, but here’s one of my grandma’s journal.
5. At the airport–I LOVE to travel and showing up at the airport is one of my favorite things. Take me somewhere new or somewhere old and I’m just happy to board the plane. I am super excited about our upcoming trip to Africa and to get on that plane (well…a little nervous about the actual flying with a toddler, but the being in Africa as a family–yes, please!). Here’s a fun picture from my time in Rome!