Jumping back on board with the 10 Day You Challenge I started a while ago…I recently raided the library so here’s 4 books!
4 books I am reading right now…
1. The Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner
–This one is so interesting to read in learning about how we deal with anger in ineffective ways. So much packed into each chapter so far!
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
–I have actually never read this! I don’t know how I missed it, but I’m glad to finally be able to read it. I’m loving the balance of whimsy and quick reading in comparison to my other books. So far it seems like the perfect summer book.
3. Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers by Anne Lamott
–I saw this one at the library and picked it up since I loved her Bird by Bird book.
4. Choices by Melody Beattie
–I am loving the format of this book! There are mini stories that end with some thoughts about the choices we make. They get me thinking for sure.
4 Books on my “To Read” list…
1. Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller
–I just picked this up from the library too and am curious to read it!
2. Brene Brown‘s books
–Yep. I want to read a lot of her books and haven’t read any yet!
3. Carry On Warrior: The Power of Embracing Your Messy, Beautiful Life by Glennon Doyle Melton
–I’ve heard interesting things about this one too!
4. Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
–I’ve heard fabulous things about this one too.
I’m sure I’ve missed all sorts of wonderful books…so let me know what else I need to add to my list or what you’re currently reading too!
I jumped on board when I saw that Dayspring was offering a product review giveaway for the U-Neek Collection for kids. Here’s what they had to say in the initial information e-mail:
God has made each one of us different on purpose. In the Bible ( Psalm 139:14 ) we are reminded that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” by God, each U-Neek in our own way. That is what this cast of characters is all about, reminding and encouraging us in a fun, random, sometimes weird and innocently strange way.
I was curious about what the products would be like and what ones I would want to order. I thought I could buy some for Baby Z and then I knew I had a few friends whose kiddos might like some too! Plus, they sure make the Nuna look extra cute in the meantime. I was pleasantly surprised at how big the plush pillow really is and would definitely have ordered two if I had realized that. The little plush ones are super cute though too and look like the perfect carry around type. I also ordered some of the gift bags and they have been perfect for using at baby showers! Plus, they come with their own tissue paper which is a bonus. The little notebooks and note pads are definitely mini size. Of the characters, the owl is my favorite by far!
All in all, I’m a fan of the collection and the message behind it. I always love teaching kids to be themselves and to really take God at His word. I’m excited to see if Baby Z likes any of them down the road and for the opportunity to talk about how God has made us each U-neek 🙂
Big thanks to Dayspring for this opportunity to add some fun stuff to prep for baby!
*U-NEEKS can be found at Walmart and Hobby Lobby during the time period of June 15-July 14. You can also buy them online at Dayspring!
Hello June! You’re here and you’re officially the maybe baby month. July stakes claim for the for sure baby month. And let me tell you that I’m a little like wait…where’d the time go!? Definitely getting excited to meet this little baby and see whether the baby is a boy or a girl. This is especially since this little baby is loving kicking my ribs and still moving like crazy. There’s no denying that I look pregnant. Though, I can pull off a “not necessarily” pregnant look if I’m wearing black and you’re looking from the front or even if you just see me from behind. If you see me from the side….no question 🙂 Also, in other news, the weather has gotten warmer and my wedding rings are fitting a bit tighter. I’m not such a fan of that, but oh well. They’ll be back on in no time.
Otherwise….a few other things that I’ve learned in May have included:
1. Finding baby clothes that are not distinctly boy or girl is pretty hard! I’ve yet to find the “perfect” going home outfit. Though, we do love this one we found that was only in bigger sizes. The color is cuter in person, but still 🙂 We’ve also found a few fun infant clothes with references to drums (yay for a husband who drums).
2. I dig the Nuna brand. Not only do they make sweet products, but they also sent me a surprise journal as a bonus gift! Plus, they just came out with some waterproof sheets, which will be fabulous! So surreal that soon a little baby will be sleeping in there!
3. Days outside with these two are ever entertaining! 4. I’m in need of some good summer books and have been scouring the library in search of them. Any recommendations?
5. Decisions are way harder without being able to “know” how things are going to be like once this baby is here. I’m definitely thankful that I can push some off and I’m thankful for wise advice and LOTS of prayer!
All in all, May’s been a great month and I’m excited for June. The calendar already looks full with baby doctor appointments (weekly! so fun to get to that point!), graduation parties, VBS, weddings, get togethers with friends, baby showers, and hopefully lots of time outside…and maybe a baby! 🙂