So, I confess…In the past, I’ve never been one to really read or connect with mommy-blogs except for blogs of people I know or have known. If I know you or knew you at some point, then yes, I am all about reading your fun updates and seeing all things baby. So while I do not plan (no guarantees–it’s just my plan) on this place becoming solely a baby or a mommy blog, I think I will find it fun to add updates about all things Baby Z every once in a while. Now I am the type who could sit here and come up with all sorts of reasons not to, but I’m putting those on the shelf for the moment and stepping out. So read on, if you’re ready for a Baby Z post.
One of the fun things that has come up in conversations so far has been if we are finding out if Baby Z is a boy or a girl! And let me tell you, we are SUPER excited to know that ourselves! But….we are waiting! While I love a cute gender reveal party (I think they’re so fun!), we’re passing on that. Here’s to like 23 more weeks (give or take) of waiting!
In the meantime, for those of you who like to guess….here are the answers to some of these oh so accurate (ha!) questions that are supposed to be able to predict whether the baby is a boy or girl!
1. Chinese gender chart says: Girl
2. Lots of morning sickness (girl), or not too sick (boy)?: Girl (I’ve only been pregnant once so maybe this isn’t accurate…but I sure felt sick and sick all day that first trimester!)
3. Do you crave sweet foods (girl) or salty (boy)?: Girl (sometimes salty, but more sweet)
4. Is your skin clear (boy) or do you have breakouts (girl)?: Girl (Not so bad now but especially in the first trimester)
5. Is the heartbeat above 140 bpm (girl) or below 140 bpm (boy)?: Girl (Baby Z has been over 140 bpm all 3 times we’ve heard his/her heartbeat so far!)
6. Have you been more clumsy (boy) or graceful (girl)?: Neither? Clumsy when I’m dizzy…but otherwise haven’t noticed either way so far.
7. Consider your age at conception (27) and the year of conception (2013). If both are even or both are odd (girl). If one is even and one is odd (boy): Girl
8. My “mother’s intuition” says: Right now…I feel like Girl, but I’m still holding out for a Boy!
9. The husband’s “father’s intuition” says: He says, “A baby.” Ha 🙂
10. My mom says: She first said boy and then she said girl so who knows!
Any other fun Old Wives Tales that I missed? What do you think…boy or girl? 🙂