I’ve loved being in Greece. I’ve loved the people God placed in my path and the journey we’ve been on together. But, like most overseas adventures, there are a few things I miss in no particular order:
- An actual shower head that I don’t have to hold!
- My adorable little puppy
- A comfy bed
- The rest of my clothes…I’m tired of these…
- Eating my own food and cooking for myself
- Church family
- That boy of my mine
- Being able to run alone
- Thick milkshakes
- Driving a car
- A full length mirror
- Playing my music loud whenever
- A phone that works
- Free water
- My electric tooth brush
Though, as always there are many things I’ll miss about being here too:
- Community and my people
- Sandy beaches
- Gorgeous mountains
- Blue water
- Feta cheese pastries
- Pistachio everything…ice cream, desserts, gelato, etc.
- Nutella croissants
- Time to relax
- My amazing professors
- Helen and her wonderful tour guide-ness
- Hearing stories
- Tons of laughing and smiling and enjoying life
- Walking all over and hiking up hills and mountains
- Heart challenges
- Processing time
- Learning to trust the process
So much to be said on both ends and there’s much more I could add. Mostly, I’m thankful for a God who knew what I needed and gave it to me when I needed it and is with me wherever I am. You better believe He’s going to be holding my hand as I jump on a few planes tomorrow to head home.
Have you traveled overseas? What are some things you missed about home and what are some things you miss?
One thought on “iMiss”
I would surely miss all of those things. I traveled to Honduras once on a missions trip. I did miss my own cooking, and inside toilets (other than in our host home). The outhouses left much to be desired.