Black Friday’s come and gone. Thanksgiving snuck past us and now we’re looking ahead to Christmas! I don’t know about you, but I agonize over gifts. I debate in my head over and over. I ponder what gift would be perfect and what they would like best. I try to pick up hints in little conversations about favorite candy or movie or store. A gift can show so much. A gift can say: I know you. I see you. I love you. –Powerful, powerful words that place so much value on someone. Often, I wish I had an unlimited supply of gifts to give to people all the time. Though, that’s when I have to remind myself that not everybody’s top love language is gifts and that thankfully there are other fun ones like words and time! And, now, that you know my love for gifts and the love languages…we’ll get onto the fun part of this post. I kept seeing all sorts of fun fair trade and gift idea posts so I figured I’d add a few of my favorites that I’ve gathered as well as my faves from those. Maybe you need an idea or just like looking. (in no particular order)
1. I LOVE the idea behind this Free2Work app. I downloaded it and definitely feel like it’s going to become like Fooducate has for me…hello bar code scanning everything!
2. Adoption and adorable t-shirts…can we say yes please!? (Wild Olive)
3. Tukula (we grow). I love the name and the mission and the products.
4. Noonday Collection has some super fun accessories too.
5. 31 Bits is awesome and they even have a wedding line.
6. Gadanke has super fun journals and memory books.
7. Looking for fun shoes? Check out Sseko.
8. Unfortunately, you can only boycott winter so long before you give in and need a hat… (KrochetKids)
9. Buy freedom…not slavery (Not For Sale)
10. All sorts of fun jewelry here at The Leakay Collection.
11. You can find a ton of variety in gifts here at Yobel.
12. And here’s the Fair Trade website to help you out.
13. Looking for a super cute watch for an awesome cause? Then check out Hello-Somebody
14. This place makes me happy and I love their heart and vision. Mercy House Kenya
16. Not to mention all the amazing ministries and missionaries you can give to during this season…because while gifts are lovely…giving to empower people is even more beautiful (which is why most of the ones above are doing just that!).
So, there are a few! I’m sure I missed lots of amazing ones so….
What would you add to the list?