Won’t you stick around and mingle a bit. Play a little this or that and answer a few questions =) I’d love to “mingle” and get to know you a bit! p.s. feel free to add in other categories if that’s your liking…i totally would.
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts?
2. Protein or carbs?
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating?
4. Gift or giftcard?
5. Do you like candles?
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now.
7. What book has changed you? (other than the bible)
Go at it! Can’t wait to read your answers when I get back from Kids Camp…..so I’ll be hanging out in the comments come Thursday or Friday. Oh and if you’d pray for all that goes on at Kids Camp, I’d be much appreciative!
Until then…here are my answers:
1. cereal all the time. oatmeal often especially in the winter.
2. mmm carbs. except i am SO a fan of clif protein builders…the mint kind. i love mint.
3. kayaking. oh so happy. boating is lovely if it means i’m water skiing or wakeboarding!
4. gifts. gift cards still make me cringe…unless they’re like totally awesome but even then i’m like oh. ha, so a gift is much better.
6. the beginning of let heaven shout by bethel live–the part about surrendering. then forever love by francesca battistelli. then tree by justin rizzo. and throw in some waiting here for you by christy nockels–just get to the part where it talks about how “You are everything You’ve promised. Your faithfulness is true.”
7. my go to answer is hinds feet in high places by hannah hurnard. totally challenged how i saw god and about the journey and helped me realize that whoa god delights in me. though there are TONS of other books that i love too.
14 thoughts on “monday minglings”
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? — Definitely cereal. I am SO that girl. I eat it all the time.
2. Protein or carbs? — Both? I love some good bread or chocolate chip cookies or croissants or muffins, but I gotta have my cheese. So, mostly carbs. 🙂
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? — Kayaking! Boating is a close second.
4. Gift or giftcard? — Depends who it’s from. If it is a close friend then always a gift. Sometimes giftcards are nice though.
5. Do you like candles? — Yes, I love them. The fire is mesmerizing… but I’m very picky about scents.
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. — My friend Josue just wrote this one (http://soundcloud.com/josuemartinezv/eres-se-or) and I think it’s pretty awesome. He is an amazing song writer. Also, if you haven’t heard Something In The Water by Brooke Fraser, it’s a must. I am in love with music from Rosie Thomas. Check out the song Since You’ve Been Around. And because I love me some espanol, you should check out El Brillo De Mis Ojos by Jesus Adrian Romero.
7. What book has changed you? (other than the bible) — Crazy Love by Francis Chan is absolutely the most influential book I have ever read. Also, Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and any of Don Miller’s books. I’ve read them all. 🙂
1. ditto! what’s your fave kind of cereal?
4. true…if it’s from someone who doesn’t know me at all then a gift card kind of makes sense…but even then i don’t like it. )
5. fire is pretty!.
6. i had a friend who LOVED rosie. something in the water is such a happy song. and i love that you added spanish on here. =)
7. ooo i haven’t read that bonhoeffer one. i will have to put it on the list! oh and i loved donald miller’s posts lately about writing a great love story. just sayin’
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? DONUTS!
2. Protein or carbs? Protein all the way, but I’m a boy. =)
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? This is a tough one. Boating, but only if there’s wakeboarding and tubing involved.
4. Gift or giftcard? Depends. Probably a gift card, since I’m married and have to share everything. But if the gift is something I actually want, then that wins hands down.
5. Do you like candles? I do. I used to have one in my bedroom when I was younger. Now we have a bunch of Scentsy things that smell really good.
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. “Desert Song” by… Hillsong?
7. What book has changed you? I’d either have to say “Crazy Love,” “Radical,” or “Blue Like Jazz
1. way to man up and say the one most would shy away from!
4. hahaha your wife sure is a lucky lady since you even share your gifts!
6. LOVE that song. almost did it for a lip sync but didn’t.
7. all good books!
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? Wow. Hard choice. But I’m gonna go with cereal.
2. Protein or carbs? Carbs. All. The. Way.
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? Boating.
4. Gift or giftcard? Gift card.
5. Do you like candles? LOVE THEM.
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. Hmmm. . .I really don’t have one particular one that comes to mind right this minute. But I do love “You Are Good” by Kari Jobe/Gateway Worship
7. What book has changed you? (other than the bible) “Anonymous” by Alicia Britt Chole
5. apparently i’m the only crazy one who doesn’t love them!
6. going to listen now…i love me some kari jobe and i just heard in a mini offering message that i so need to let god’s goodness infiltrate so much more of my life. just want to so grasp onto that truth more in all areas of my life.
7. i don’t know that one….going to look at it now! what was it about that one that changed you?
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? — Well, I wish I could go with doughnuts, but I would be huge in like an instant. So cereal 🙂
2. Protein or carbs? — Carbs.
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? — Speed-boating.
4. Gift or giftcard? — If it is a gift I’ll love and it’ll be useful, then gift. I love those unexpected gifts that are just perfect. But when in doubt, gift card. (You know, like not 100 cups as wedding gifts haha)
5. Do you like candles? — Yes. Interesting that you don’t…I didn’t know that!
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. — Hmm…I am behind in the music department. I listened to In Christ Alone this weekend and it brought tears to my eyes, so that one.
7. What book has changed you? Oh man, such a hard question. My problem is reading too many books too fast and forgetting specifics. I am going say Chasing Daylight (McManus) and Love and War (for my marriage so far).
Yay for Kids Camp, I’ll be praying!
1. haha. there are some doughnuts i like, but not a ton. =)
3. interesting! speed huh. i’m such a “go slow” type girl.
4. ooooo yeah your wedding was definitely an eye opener on why gift cards are lovely.
5. i know…i try. i try to like them but i don’t. they get shoved in a drawer never to be seen and i’m like okay. ha or they get regifted…. #guilty
6. i LOVE that song. seriously. so good. though sometimes i can’t find the right version of it that i especially like.
7. i hear you…i read fast too and i’m like oh man i’ve read so many books. i kind of want to read love and war sometime. though i’m not married so eh we’ll see. =)
thanks for the prayers, friend!
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? – Oatmeal
2. Protein or carbs? – Protein. Keeps me sane so I can have the carbs.
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? – boating, maybe in Paris?
4. Gift or giftcard? – I love receiving gifts!
5. Do you like candles? – Yes!
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. – As the Deer by Matt Gilman
7. What book has changed you? (other than the bible) Ann Voskamp’s 1000 Gifts
My daughter just got back from Kids Camp and she had amazing encounters with the Lord. I’ll be praying for you!
3. boating in paris sounds sweet!
4. me too!!
6. oooo love me some matt gilman. i really love his i could run away song. so good.
7. good book! some parts made me go “hmm” =)
aww so glad your daughter had fun at kids camp! such a fun time for kiddos and they totally look forward to it!
1. Cereal, oatmeal, or doughnuts? – All of the above depending on my mood. I love oatmeal in the winter.
2. Protein or carbs? – Carbs (see #1)
3. Kayaking, canoeing, or boating? – None really
4. Gift or giftcard? – Either
5. Do you like candles? – Yes, especially in the winter the scents creating such an inviting atmosphere.
6. Name an awesome song that I should go listen to right now. – Really can’t think of anything.
7. What book has changed you? – Crazy Love
1. there is just something about oatmeal when it’s cold!
3. oh interesting! do you like water at all?
7. i should read that one again. i listened to it on audiobook so it’s harder to stick in my head.
1. Def oatmeal. It is actually my all-time favorite breakfast, even though I often skip the most important meal of the day…
2. Can I have both?
3. I don’t get to do any, but I am desperate to do all three. I live on the sea so anytime now 🙂
4. Gifts. Gift cards stress me out.
5. Yes, very much so – but I’m picky about the fragrance.
6. I’ve had the simple melancholic “Clementine” stuck in my head for a week. Svavar Knutur from Iceland — http://soundcloud.com/svavarknutur/clementine
7. God on Mute by Pete Greig was a profound encouragement in a difficult time. It is a journey of trusting God in prayer even when we don’t see the results immediately.
1. i used to skip breakfast all the time but now i’m like oh get me something to eat.
2. sure why not!
3. ee hope you get to do all three!
4. i agree….i ponder so much about how to use a gift card “well”
6. nice 🙂
7. ohhhhh interesting! one of my interns in africa read that one. your little synopsis of it sounds so good and sounds like something that would relate to my season now.