1. i baked my very first two layer cake that turned out beautiful!
i’m weird and like white chocolate…all that chocolate on that cake just sounds…ugh…
2. I’ve been running a lot more lately and oh how my heart missed it!
last year around this time I was wearing this to go running…notice the mittens on my dresser and the scarf hanging…as much as I am glad for the warmer weather and sunshine…I miss it…especially the people, the mountains, the style of life, the singing, the languages, and so much more.
so am i saying i’d trade summer for winter? yeah, yeah, i would but it’s more of a trade minnesota for africa 🙂
3. ohh, and in case you didn’t know, it’s world cup! and it’s in south africa! woot!
4. have i mentioned that i love kids?
I love that I get to work with them, play pretend car, chase them, take them bowling, find random places like Menard’s to play catch, bake cookies, and even take sleeping bags to slide down the stairs!
5. oh, it’s summer, which means work has slowed down and so that means more time to dig deep!
so, that’s what I’m doing…digging deep, soaking up all the time I have with God, seeing what He has for me in His timing, getting back up, and turning up the passion. Yeah, I’m a *bit* excited to see all the ways that God is….faithful, BIG, trustworthy, loving, shepherd, delighted in me, and the one who pursues me! Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.
What’s on your heart this friday? fun or serious? prayer requests? thoughts? encouragement? anything?