My head is coming up out of the water and I’m letting the waves wash over me again as I keep seeking and choosing joy. My lists gets longer each week. The numbers climb toward 1,000. How am I already over halfway?! Well, part of it, is simply by taking a little of Anne Lamott’s advice by throwing some ingredients into the equation: being present, feeling things deeply, and becoming conscious in order to add something a little extra to this challenge of making life into art. I even find myself writing down things that don’t seem like they should count, but they do now! Besides, He tells us to give thanks for ALL things…which is part of experiencing joy for me.
Here’s a snapshot of my list:
459. seeking a sunrise
466. falling through the snow
475. having it okay to be real with God–He can take it.
488. looking for the swans
491. finishing 16.1 kilometers!!!!!
503. tears on the car ride home
510. the feeling of knowing you loved because it hurts to say good-bye
516. capturing the beautiful in a sentence
523. using up all my battery
527. driving with the windows down
551. someone saying “you’re such a kid…” (in a good way)
Your turn!! Share some of the joy 🙂