Meetings. Some people absolutely loathe going to another meeting. I tend to actually look forward to them. I see the opportunity they give for the larger group to get together, recapture vision, share passion and information, and live life together in a “work” setting. I find this to be especially true of our Staff Meetings at Thrive. I love that we start off with sharing testimonies of how “God is Big” and what He is doing in each of our lives. I am so blessed and encouraged through hearing these. We also spend time on “development.” We value continuing to learn more, being transformed by Christ, and “developing” ourselves in Him. Today’s message hit home and I even had a chance tonight to live out my own reactions to confrontation and to my commitment to continue to change and experience life in Christ. Here are some bullet point thoughts to chew on from the message “Keys to Confrontation” by Danny Silk:
- We need to strategically apply pressure to expose areas that need strength and grace
- Confrontation is an invitation to strengthen a relational bond with someone (so true! through confrontation tonight, I’m excited to further develop relationships)
- Confrontation is not about punishment, but about setting each other up to win and to put us back on the track that we left
- Relationships are where we manifest everything we get from heaven
- Confrontation is about helping people find the need and find the remedy to the need–when you’ve fallen in a hole, you need something–you lost control of you to the thing that put you in the hole!
- Questions to ask: What are you going to do? How’s that working out for you? Do you want help with this problem? I am wondering if…? …didn’t it?
- Godly sorrow leads to repentance
- Find out what the problem actually has to do with
- Live a life that no matter what external pressure comes, you get to be YOU.
2 thoughts on “Meetings”
love hearing that you look forward to staff meetings. i always do too!
🙂 wish you were here to come to one! praying for you today!