I went for a long prayer walk around part of the perimeter of the property today. I really have missed prayer walking through NE Minneapolis so this was great! Though, prayer walking through the field definitely adds a new dynamic compared to through the city. God’s presence showed up powerfully throughout the day and I am excited to see where things are headed. My heart and thoughts really kept focusing on standing on His Word and reiterating His promises. At Thrive Church recently, Matt preached about some related topics and about seeing ourselves through God’s eyes as well as how God pursues us. He ended with scripture to stand on and to hold onto in hard times. Here are some points to ponder:
- I’m speaking to you, but you’re just not opening your heart. Somewhere along the way something else got in the way.
- Why do we doubt ourselves and others see something in us that we don’t?
- Our relationship with God is constantly moving.
- So what if you don’t see what’s ahead of you, I do.
- Once you start realizing who you are in God then the rest doesn’t matter
- Isaiah 48:16–Come near me and listen. I have not spoken in secret
- 1 Samuel 12:16–Now therefore stand still and see this great thing that the Lord will do before your eyes.
Matt also made an awesome video to go along with his message: check it out!